4 Ingredients Apricot Sorbet
Apricot season is almost over. But we can make it last a little longer by making this amazing frozen treat. I adore quick and easy desserts, and this Apricot Sorbet is my perfect choice for summer dinner. It’s incredibly simple and consists of only 4 ingredients. That’s why you need to pick the best available fruits because all the flavor comes from them. Go to your local farmer’s market and choose the ripest, freshest and most fragrant apricots you can find. It will make a huge difference!
TIP. Serve it with a glass of chilled Prosecco to make your evening magical.
I usually serve all kinds of ice cream and sorbets on my summer dinners. Friends love them! One of the favorites is reach and creamy Mango Kulfi. If you haven’t tried it, you absolutely should. Everybody go nuts about it 🙂
P.S. If you’re a fan of sorbets check out this Strawberry Sorbet. You’ll like it as well!
- Medium size ripe apricots - 10-12
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Fresh lemon juice - 1/4 cup, or to taste
- Split the apricots in half, remove the pits, and cut each into small pieces.
- Put the apricots, and the rest of the ingredients to a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer until the apricots are very tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let to cool.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the sorbet to a freezable container and cover. Freeze for at least 4 hours, until the sorbet has hardened.