Absolutely Delicious Zucchini Fritters
There are so many dishes you can cook with zucchini, and today I want to share one of my favorite recipes. Zucchini fritters are one of the most popular dishes during zucchini season in Ukraine. My mom always cooked it for us, and now I cook it for my family and friends. It’s absolutely delicious, simple, and healthy. What else could you wish for your summer table? These fritters are good for breakfast when served with plain yogurt. You can make them smaller and serve as an appetizer, or healthy snack.
TIP: Grate zucchini using a fine grater. The fritters will be more delicate.
I like to serve them with garlic aioli or with a mix of yogurt, homemade mayonnaise, and herbs. And always with tomato slices on top. Pick your favorite sauce and share it with me in the comments below! Happy weekend cooking!
- medium zucchinis - 2, graded
- small onion - 1 grated
- egg - 1
- flour - 5 tablespoons
- grated parmesan cheese - 1 tablespoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon, or to taste
- chili pepper - 1/4 teaspoon, or to taste
- baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- oil for frying
- homemade mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- yogurt - 2 tablespoons
- garlic - 1 clove, minced
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- tomatoes - 2, thinly sliced, for serving
- Place grated zucchini in a strainer over the sink. Press gently to remove excess liquid.
- In a bowl, combine zucchini, onion, egg, flour, Parmesan; season with salt, pepper and chili, to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spoon.
- Cook until lightly brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic and ground black pepper.
- Serve the fritters topped with the sauce and tomato slices.