Amazing Garlic Butter Buns
I would like to thank my friend Hannah for this delicious recipe. She is an amazing cook and always inspires me to go into the new cooking adventures! After I tried these delicious garlic buns at Hanna’s house they became my absolutely favorite. I can eat them with anything, but most of all I like to dip these goodies in extra virgin olive oil mixed with aromatic balsamic vinegar from Modena.
P.S. This video might be useful for you. Watch it before you start cooking your garlic buns=)
- warm milk - 3/4 cup
- warm water - 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
- active yeast - 1 tablespoon, or 1 package
- sugar - 2 tablespoons
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- bread flour - 3 cups
- butter - 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons, room temperature
- garlic - 5 cloves, minced
- dried oregano - 1 tablespoons
- Dissolve the sugar in the mixture of warm milk and water.
- Add the yeast and lightly stir with a plastic spoon, let stand for about 10 min.
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, 2 tablespoons of butter, and yeast mixture. Mix them with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are evenly distributed and fully hydrated. Add more a little more flour or water if needed.
- Let the dough rest for 5 minutes and then knead for 1 minute. The dough should be soft, supple and slightly sticky to the touch.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for another 5-10 minutes. Then place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Knead until you get a smooth and elastic dough. Add a little more water or flour if necessary.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- When the dough has doubled, take it out and punch down to release all the bubble. Then let it rest for 15 min.
- Divide the dough into 7 equal balls. Let them rest for another 15 min.
- Use a roller to flatten each ball of dough into an oval shape. Then roll them up into a log shape buns.
- Cover the buns with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 15 min.
- Preheat an oven to 350 F.