Amazing Fresh Basil Pesto
This pesto is very conservative and classic. It’s made with fresh basil, olive oil, pine nuts, some lime juice, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. To make an amazing fresh basil pesto you just need the right proportions, and simply follow the recipe and your taste. And then the only thing you’ll have to do is to combine all the ingredients in a food processor and push the button. Voila, in a few minutes, you’ve got an incredible homemade sauce. Yes, it’s that easy.
You can add pesto to your pasta, spread it on sandwiches, or use it in salads. Once you get comfortable cooking the basil pesto, you can start to experiment with the whole bunch of other herbs, and nuts. I love parsley cashew pesto, it’s very good. Please send me your recipes, I would love to hear about your experiments!
- fresh basil leaves - 2 cups, packed
- pine nuts - 1/4 cup
- freshly grated Parmesan - 3/4 cup
- garlic - 2 cloves
- lime juice - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- extra virgin olive oil - 2/3 cup
- freshly ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Store cover tightly with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic is touching the top of the pesto.