Asparagus Mimosa Salad
This Asparagus Mimosa Salad is one of the simplest and healthiest breakfast recipes we have on our website. In fact, this salad can be served at any time of the day, but since it topped with a grated egg (the most breakfast ingredient ever), we love to have it in the morning. The recipe is super simple, yet very delicious. Just want to warn you to keep an eye on your asparagus. Make sure to blanch it just for 3-4 minutes, not to boil it until it becomes soft and brownish. Bon Appétit!
TIP: Just to make the process as efficient as possible, prepare a bowl filled with iced water before you start cooking the asparagus. This way you’ll be able to chill the asparagus in seconds and keep it crunchy and green.
- hard boiled eggs - 2
- asparagus - 1 lb
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard - 2 teaspoons
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- salt - to taste
- In a medium sauce pan bring around 8 cups of water to a boil. Season with 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Add the asparagus to a boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes or until it turns bright green.
- Remove with tongs, or drain in a colander.
- Transfer the asparagus to ice water for 1 minute to stop the cooking process and keep the color bright green.