Baked Apples with Tvorog Cheese
Baked Apples with Cheese
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, or other crisp hard apples
- 1/2 cups Tvorog cheese you can substitute with ricotta or fromage blanc
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 oz fresh red currant optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Using a paring knife, slice off the top of each apple and carve out the center and seeds, be careful to not cut all the way through the bottom. You want them to hold the stuffing like a small bowl.
- Combine the cheese, raisins, and honey in a small bowl; mix well. Stuff each apple with a cheese mixture and top with pine nuts, cinnamon, and red currant if using. Arrange the apples on a baking tray, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the apples are soft but not mushy. Remove from the oven and serve slightly warm.