Breakfast Apple Pancake Pie
- large eggs - 3
- whole milk - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- sugar - 2 tablespoons
- grated lemon zest - 1 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- unsalted butter - 5 tablespoons, divided
- apples - 2, peeled and cutter into 1/4-inch slices
- raisins - 1/4 cup, sauced in rum syrup (optional)
- ground cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
- granulated sugar - 1/4 cup
- confectioners sugar - to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a medium bowl lightly whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Whisk in the flour until well mixed.
- In a deep ovenproof skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the apples and sauté for 5 minutes, until caramelized.
- Pour the batter over the apples, sprinkle with the raisins and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the rest of the butter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cups sugar with ground cinnamon.
- Remove the apple pie from the oven, drizzle it with the melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Return the skillet to the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pie with confectioners sugar and serve right away.
You May Also Like
For me, Shakshouka is a truly international dish. As with every brilliant food, it was embraced by ...
Okonomiyaki is one of those funky dishes that at first you don't even want to try, but once you ...
Oatmeal is one of the healthiest breakfasts we could name. It's extremely nutritious and satiating ...
This Asparagus Mimosa Salad is one of the simplest and healthiest breakfast recipes we have on our ...
Dreaming about soft, hot, and light as a feather homemade doughnuts? There is nothing easier! We ...
We have plenty of complex and luscious breakfast recipes on Viva La Food. With that in mind, w...
French Toast is one of our favorite breakfast recipes regardless of the season and day of the week. ...
Sometimes we want our day to be 100% efficient, other times we wish to stay low and spend a quiet ...
Quick and healthy breakfasts are so in trend right now. No wonder! They taste great and don't ...
I guess I can write a cookbook and name it "10 000 Calories Breakfasts." You know I just love crazy ...