Chicken Cooked in Milk
If you are looking for a dish to surprise your guests, you have found the right one. I can bet that most of them have never tried chicken that was roasted in milk. But believe me, they will love it! This chicken is incredibly juicy and tender, and the meat is falling off the bones. Serve it with potatoes roasted with herb butter to develop a complex main course.
The recipe was adapted from Jamie Oliver
- whole chicken - 3-4 lb
- kosher salt - 1 tablespoon
- freshly ground black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- butter - 1 tablespoon
- olive oil - 1 tablespoons
- cinnamon stick - 1/2
- fresh sage leaves - 10
- garlic cloves - 8, skin left
- lemon zest - 2 tablespoons
- milk - 2 1/4 cups
- Season the chicken all over with the salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter and oil in a heavy bottomed pan and brown the chicken on all sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place the browned chicken into an oven proof pot, breast side up.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, cover and roast for 1 1/2 hours, removing the lid for the last half an hour if you like to brown the top a bit more.
- Pull the meat off the bones and serve drizzles with milk sauce.