Chili Con Carne
This dish is not complicated, delicious and very budget. Thats why Chili Con Carne is so popular in many countries. Most often people cook it with beef, but if you like pork – go ahead. The main thing is to add the four basic ingredients: ground meat, red kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili pepper, the rest may vary.
- ground beef - 1 lb.
- red bell pepper - 2
- chili pepper - 1-2
- diced tomatoes - 1 can, 14.5 oz, undrained
- tomato sauce - 1 cup
- applewood smoked bacon - 3 slices
- red sweet onion - 2
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- lower-sodium chicken broth - 1 cup
- no-salt added kidney beans - 1 can, 14.5 oz, rinsed and drained
- garlic - 4-5 cloves, minced
- smoked paprika - 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 tablespoons, or to taste
- salt - to taste
- sour cream - for serving
- sharp Cheddar - for serving
- chopped cilantro - for serving
- chopped red onion - for serving
- Heat a big frying pan and fry chopped bacon for a couple of minutes then add the ground meat. Cook stirring, until lightly browned.
- n a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the diced onion, bell pepper, and chili; cook until onion is soft.
- Add the chopped garlic and fry for about 1 more minute.
- Mix the fried beef and vegetables in a deep skillet. Add canned tomatoes, broth and tomato sauce. Cook, uncovered, over low heat, for about 45 minutes.
- Then add the drained beans; season with salt, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for another 15 min.
- Serve hot chili with chopped red onion, cheese, cilantro, and sour cream.