Chocolate Covered Coconut Macaroons
This week I have learned that if you still do not have a holiday mood you just need to start baking. Find a few cookie recipes, turn on your favorite Christmas movie (mine is Love Actually) and start creating your good mood with your own hands! And that is exactly what I did. Works 100%, proved and tested by me. Please share with me you favorite holiday movies, I would love to add them to my watchlist!
In my opinion, homemade coconut macaroons should be sweet, moist, and chewy on the inside and beautifully golden and crisp outside. These goodies are meet all the requirements. You know what, they are even better because the last minute I have decided to add one finishing touch and dip them into melted bittersweet chocolate. That is a very delicious accent. I want to add these cookies to my annual Christmas cookie box, which I will give to my friends right before Christmas night. However, I need to create about four more recipes. The people who now me can tell that I always make a lot of different desserts. Well, I just love when you have a good choice. The last good thing about coconut macaroons is that they are very simple to make at home, even if you are new to baking. And there is absolutely no chance you can ruin this dessert (just please, do not forget it in the oven). =)
P.S. You can make these cookies eggless if you want. The first time I baked them I completely forgot to fold the whites, and the cookies were still great.
- sweetened shredded coconut - 3 cups
- sweetened condensed milk - 3/4 cup
- almond flour - 1/4 cup
- large egg whites - 2
- vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- bitter-sweet chocolate - 3.5 oz melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut, almond floor condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop place the mixture onto the baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Heat oven to 190°C/fan Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Transfer the baking sheets to racks and let the cookies cool completely.°C/gas 5
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons into the melted chocolate, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Place onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes, or until set.