Roasted Coffee Carrot
Combine carrot and coffee in one dish may sound like a crazy cooking idea, but it tastes unexpectedly good. We’ve tried this flavor combo in the SHED restaurant and instantly fell in love with it. Our Roasted Coffee Carrot dish is a tribute to an endless creativity of folks who work at that awesome place. We didn’t copy their recipe because we didn’t have it. All we did is followed our cooking instincts and flavor buds. As a result, we created a new unique recipe that we are proud of.
Don’t worry, the coffee doesn’t add a bitter taste, and it’s not overwhelming at all. In fact, it’s exactly the opposite. The taste is very subtle and balanced. That’s why we encourage you to try this fun dish and tell us what you think!
- fresh rainbow carrot - 1 1/2 lb. peeled
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- freshly ground coffee - 1 tablespoon
- brown sugar - 1 tablespoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin - 1/4 teaspoon
- ground clove - 1/8 teaspoon
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, coffee, sugar, salt and dried spices.
- Toss the carrot with the oil mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, or until the carrot is tender.
- Transfer the carrot to a platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley.