Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Truffle Oil
- cauliflower - 1 head
- extra virgin olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- small yellow onion - 1, finely chopped
- vegetable broth - 2 1/2 cups (more if needed)
- heavy cream - 1/2 cup
- truffle oil - 1 tablespoon + more for garnish
- salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- paprika - to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut cauliflower into 1-inch flowerets. In a large baking pan toss cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat. Roast for about 25 minutes, or until tender.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and vegetable broth, bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat until the liquid is reduced, and the cauliflower is very soft about 10-15 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the soup in two batches until smooth. Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in the heavy cream and truffle oil.
- Rewarm it over moderate heat, adding more veggie broth for a thinner consistency, if desired. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle smoked paprika on top, but it's optional.
You May Also Like
Borscht is the ultimate Ukrainian comfort food. It's perfect for every mood and season. Red, ...
Butternut squash is one of our favorite ingredients to cook with. It contains endless possibilities ...
This season is about windy days and chilly nights. We are wrapping ourselves with blankets and ...
Found this wonderful soup recipe in Every day with Rachael Ray magazine. If you haven't tried it ...
Chilly autumn weather inspired me to cook this hot, aromatic cream soup. And even if there is rain ...