Crispy Baked Apple Oats
We have plenty of complex and luscious breakfast recipes on Viva La Food. With that in mind, we’ve decided to share something very simple and yummy today. Because we all want to eat delicious breakfast, but spend the minimum time and effort to prepare it. This Baked Apple Oats will be a perfect solution for your work week breakfast routine. It’ll be ready in no time, while you’re getting ready for work, and will provide you with energy and essential fiber for the whole day.
You can mix your favorite yogurt with a drop of honey, sprinkle freshly baked oats on top, and enjoy your healthy meal even on the go. For a more healthy breakfast ideas check this Cottage Cheese with Baked Apricots recipe.
TIP: Cut an apple into thin wedges or small cubes to cook it faster.
- old-fashioned oats - 1 cup
- medium apple - 1, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- golden raisins - 3 tablespoons
- walnuts - 3 tablespoon, chopped
- cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon, or too taste
- coconut oil - 2 teaspoons
- Yogurt and honey - for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix the oats, raisins, walnuts, apple wedges, cinnamon, and coconut oil. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the oat mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the oats are crisp and the apple is soft, for 20-25 minutes; stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over yogurt mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
My name is Anna, and I'm always madly busy in the kitchen. I cook, invent new recipes, style and photograph my food. All the recipes that you will find on DivineCuisine are written, cooked and photographed by me. I sincerely hope that each of you visiting this site can find something new, useful and interesting!