Decadent Brownie Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
If somebody asked me what is the most Christmasy taste of all, my answer would be peppermint. I think you’re not surprised. When the winter holiday season comes peppermint flavor, just take over our desserts. We drink peppermint mocha, eat candy canes, and all kinds of mint desserts. That’s why, this year I’ve decided to go with a trend and present to you my variation of Brownie Mint Ice Cream Sandwich flavored with cool Brancamenta liquor. Wait for it, there are also pistachios inside and chocolate sauce on top! Yep, I know it’s a bit too much, but damn, it’s so delicious! That’s why we have holidays to eat what actually makes us happy =) No excuses needed to treat yourself!
Fresh mint ice cream perfectly complements the richness of chocolate brownies, and pistachios definitely brighten the flavor. Make this dessert for your next holiday party and let me know how that turned out! By the way, here is one more brownie recipe with homemade caramel sauce, just in case you want one more option.
- whole milk - 1 cup
- fresh mint - 15 leaves
- sweetened condensed milk - 1/3 cup
- powdered sugar - 9 tablespoons
- himalayan pink salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Brancamenta -3- 4 tablespoons (optional)
- butter - 2 sticks, cubed
- semi-sweet chocolate - 5 oz., finely chopped
- sugar - 1 3/4 cup
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- baking powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- cocoa powder - 1 tablespoon
- flour - 1 cup
- pure vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
- pistachios - 3/4 cup, roughly chopped
- chocolate sauce - for serving
- Let's make an ice cream first.
- In a small saucepan combine milk and mint leaves. Heat until very hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the milk, and discard the mint leaves. Let the milt to cool in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl mix the milk and sweetened condensed milk.
- In another bowl beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks.
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk, whipped cream, salt, and Branca Menta, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Spoon your mint ice cream into a container, and freeze at least for 2 hours.
- Now we can cook the brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter the 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Place the butter and the chocolate into a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and then stir with a clean spatula. Repeat 2 more times.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract just until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Immediately pour the butter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick plunged into the center emerges slightly moist with batter, for 21-23 minutes. Do not overcook!
- Let cool completely on a rack.
- Transfer brownie to a work surface and cut in two halves.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and place one cake half on it. Spread with the mint ice cream, cover with remaining brownie half on top, and wrap tightly in plastic.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Unwrap, cut into squares, and top with chocolate sauce.