Gluten Free Pasta with Homemade Mint Pesto in 30 minutes
You know I eat anything: meat, gluten, dairy, nuts, you name it. I’m pretty lucky not to have any allergies. However, today I tried to cook gluten-free pasta just out of curiosity. Wanted to find out how does it taste like. Recently I got a box of Corn Quinoa pasta from my September Degustabox and decided to give it a try. Actually, it’s not bad at all. Honestly, I’m even surprised gluten-free pasta tastes so good! Especially, when you toss it with homegrown tomatoes, green peas, and aromatic fresh mint pesto. In less than 30 minutes you cook nice and healthy dinner, which requires minimum efforts.
Usually, I cook pesto from scratch using basil from my balcony, but today did something different. Since, we are having a lot of mint in our small balcony garden. I needed to do something with it. That’s why, instead of traditional one, I prepared mint pesto with almonds. It’s absolutely fantastic! This new pesto sauce completely changed the taste of the dish. I also added some fresh tomatoes that my husband grows and a few green peas, to make it very summery. Because I love summer and want it to stay a little longer, to enjoy simple, high-quality ingredients that can quickly transform an everyday dish into something so delicious and vibrant! The key is to pick the best produce, and experiment with smells, flavors, and textures! I sincerely believe that good food is the simplest ingredient you could add to your daily happiness.
Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Sprinkle some Parmesan on top just before serving and enjoy! P.S. I would love to hear about your favorite pasta recipe. Let’s share some inspiration!
- gluten-free pasta - 1/2 lb.
- fresh mint leaves - 2 cups, packed
- raw almonds - 1/4 cup
- freshly grated Parmesan - 3/4 cup, plus more for serving
- garlic - 2 cloves
- lime juice - 1 1/2 tablespoons, or to taste
- extra virgin olive oil - 2/3 cup
- freshly ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste
- small tomatoes - 6-7, cut into quarters
- green peas - 1/4 cup
- Bring a pan of salty water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the mint, almonds, grated Parmesan, garlic, olive oil, and lime juice into a food processor.
- Blend to a smooth paste. Add more olive oil or lime juice if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta. Mix it with a few tablespoons of mint pesto.
- Toss it with tomatoes and green peas.
- Finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.