Healthy and Delicious Egg Salad Sandwich
Egg Salad Sandwich is one of the easiest sandwiches to make. We like it because it has just a few simple ingredients which are magically combined into a delicious and satisfying meal. The only downside is that with great taste comes a significant amount of calories. Considering this, we decided to give a little makeover to a good old recipe and make a healthier version of an egg salad sandwich.
First of all, we substitute full-fat mayo with a healthier mix of homemade mayonnaise and plain yogurt. We wanted the flavor to pop up, so we mixed in some chopped dill and green onion. To give a salad a little extra zing, we seasoned the dressing with a pinch of dry mustard. Then we spread the egg mixture on a slightly toasted rye bread and added a few thin slices of crunchy cucumber and a tiny bunch of fresh watercress. Healthy and delicious sandwich is ready in no time! Don’t be shy to add some veggies. Go further and use radishes, tomatoes, or lettuce, just not all at once =) Enjoy!
- large hard boiled eggs - 6, peeled
- mayonnaise - 1 1/2 tablespoonы
- plain yogurt - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- dry mustard - 1/2 teaspoon
- chopped fresh dill - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- chopped green onion - 2 tablespoons
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- salt - to taste
- medium cucumber - 1, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- watercress - small bunch
- rye bread - 4 slices, slightly toasted
- Chop eggs. In a medium bowl, gently mix the chopped eggs with mayonnaise, yogurt, dry mustard, chopped dill and green onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with thinly sliced cucumber and watercress on slightly toasted rye bread.