Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes
If you haven’t noticed it yet, I’m a huge fan of any kinds of pancakes, crepes, and blinis. I can eat a dozen of those guys at a time, that’s why I’m trying to keep this obsession under control. I always experiment with different types of flour and milk, and I can proudly say, these pancakes is my triumph. They light and healthy because I used whole wheat flour, almond milk, agave nectar and a bit of avocado oil. If you guys watch your weight, this can be your perfect breakfast!
- eggs - 2
- almond milk - 1 cup
- agave nectar - 2 tablespoons
- avocado oil - 1 Tablespoon + more for frying
- whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- baking powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- ight brown sugar - 2 tablespoons or to taste
- fresh berries - 1/2 cup
- walnuts - 1/4 cup, chopped
- agave nectar - too taste
- Beat the eggs, agave nectar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl with a wire whisk.
- Beat in the avocado oil and almond milk until blended.
- In a small bowl combine, all the dry ingredients and gradually combine with the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Let to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Ladle batter onto a hot, oiled skillet. Cook until bubbles form on the surface.
- Flip to the other side and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately, with fresh berries and agave nectar. Enjoy your fluffy and healthy pancakes!