Homemade Tomato Ketchup
- olive oil - 1/2 tablespoon
- medium shallot - 1, finely chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- organic diced tomatoes - 2 cans
- grated apple - 1/2 cup
- fresh red chili - 1/2, deseeded and finely chopped
- cider vinegar - 1/2 cup
- water - 1/4 cup
- clove - 1
- light brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- paprika - 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- salt - 2 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- In a heavy bottom saucepan heat the olive oil. Add onion, garlic and chili, cook until soft.
- Add the rest of ingredients. Cook gently over a medium-low or low heat about 2-3 hours, or until the mixture reduces by half and became thick and dark red.
- Stir occasionally. Smooth the texture of the ketchup using a blender.
- Pour the ketchup into a fine strainer and press mixture with the back of a spoon to strain out any skins and seeds.
- Transfer the strained ketchup to a bowl. Cool completely before tasting.
You May Also Like
A recipe for Tvorog, or Syr how we call it in Ukraine, was one of the most requested ones on my ...
This pesto is very conservative and classic. It's made with fresh basil, olive oil, pine nuts, some ...
With this version of mayo you don’t need to worry about the raw eggs like in the most homemade ...
Happy Monday everyone! I need to admit that sometimes Mondays could be pretty brutal, especially ...
Harissa is a Tunisian chili based sauce, which is not only adds a little heat to your favorite ...
One of my friends ask me to find a good cheesecake recipe. I decided not only to cook a cheesecake, ...
Try to make flavored rosemary olive oil at home. This is really easy!