Hot Whiskey Apple Cider
Winter holidays are coming, and we need to make certain preparations! I am not talking about buying presents and decorating Christmas tree; I’m talking about holiday parties. We all love attending holiday parties, hang out with our friend and, of course, meet new ones. I want to present a super nice cocktail for the winter events. This hot cider with some spices, a little bit of whiskey, and whipped cream, will warm you up and create a nice festive mood.
- cider - 1 bottle (25 oz)
- orange zest - 3-4 stripes
- freshly squeezed orange juice - 1/2 cup
- cinnamon sticks - 2
- whole cloves - 2 tsps
- fresh ginger - 1 inch piece, peeled
- ground nutmeg - 1/4 tsp
- honey - 3-5 tbsp, or to taste
- whiskey - 1 cup
- whipped cream - to taste
- Pour the apple cider into a medium pot and add all the ingredients except the whiskey and the whipped cream.
- Slowly bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the whiskey.
- Pour into serving glasses and top with the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately. You can also garnish this drink with cinnamon sticks or candy canes.
My name is Anna, and I'm always madly busy in the kitchen. I cook, invent new recipes, style and photograph my food. All the recipes that you will find on DivineCuisine are written, cooked and photographed by me. I sincerely hope that each of you visiting this site can find something new, useful and interesting!