One and Only Shortbread Cookie Recipe You’ll Ever Need
It’s only 21 days before Christmas, and that means the cookie season is officially started. Every year I post a few cookie recipe so that you could treat your loved ones. I’ve decided that this year we’ll begin with the classic shortbread cookies.
Cookies are made of butter and love. – Norwegian Proverb
Classic shortbread cookies are famous for their buttery taste and velvety texture, they practically melt in your mouth. In my humble opinion, every home cook should master this cookies recipe to perfection. They are the basic It’s very easy and rewarding. The only secret is to use high-quality ingredients, especially butter. Trust me, it will make a huge difference. Because his cookies are incredibly simple, they are all about the right ingredients. Also, use real vanilla pods, they will add that magical, unmistakable flavor of an excellent dessert.
- unsalted butter - 6 oz., room temperature
- sugar - 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- flour - 1 2/3 cup
- vanilla pod - 1, sraped
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar and the salt; beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla paste and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, and mix on low speed, scraping sides if necessary, until flour is just incorporated.
- Flatten the dough into a disk shape and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Position the racks in the upper and lowest thirds of the oven.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it 1/2-inch thick. Cut into rounds or other shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter.
- Place on the baking sheets and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Dust the top of shortbread with the remaining sugar and transfer to the oven.
- Bake until slightly golden for17-20 minutes.