Pear Goat Cheese Volovans
- puff pastry - 1/2 pack,(1 roll)
- egg - 1
- large Bosc pear - 1, cut into small cubes
- fresh mint - 8-10 leaves
- water - 3 tablespoons
- sugar - 2 tablespoons
- goat cheese - 4 oz, room temperature
- toasted almonds - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Before using frozen puff pastry, let it thaw completely, either overnight in the refrigerator or for 40-45 min at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Dust the puff pastry with a flour and slightly roll it out.
- Using 2 inch round cutter or small glass, cut the pastry into rounds.
- Arrange the puff pastry circles to a baking sheet, then brush lightly with the beaten egg. Prick each round with a fork to allow air to escape.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let to cool completely. What cooled, cut each volovan half.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan mix chopped pear, water, and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the pear is very soft, 15-20 minutes. Add chopped mint and cook for 1 more minute.
- Pure the pear mixture in a blender. Let to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl combine the goat cheese and pear pure, mix well.
- Using a pastry bag with star tip, pipe the goat cheese pear mixture on volovan bottom half.
- Sprinkle them with chopped almonds and top with another volovan half.
You May Also Like
Pkhali is a traditional Georgian dish which comes in many forms and colors. It's usually made with ...
This Delicious and Easy Crab Cakes Recipe is a result of my first all-day fishing trip in Califo...
Recently I've been thinking about one dish I could eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and feel ...
When I'm looking for a light and healthy dinner ideas, these Vibrant Vietnamese Shrimp Summer Rolls ...
Recently I've had an amazing opportunity to teach a cooking master class in the heart of San ...
While browsing your local grocery store or farmers market, you've probably noticed unusually large ...
The combination of raspberry compote, ricotta, and orange are our latest flavor discovery. Creamy ...
As you may notice, we are in love with bruschetta because it's a perfect appetizer and a great ...
Game Day is all about getting together with friends, eating good food, and sharing a great experi...
Sometimes you cook a dish, and it's so good you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's ...