Perfect Basic Meatballs
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- classic Marinara or your favorite Tomato sauce - 4 cups
- ground beef - 1 lb.
- bread crumbs - 1/4 cup
- grated Parmesan - 1/2 cup + more for serving
- large egg - 1
- water - 1/4 cup
- salt - 1 teaspoon or to taste
- crushed red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- chopped parsley - 2-3 tablespoons
- smoked paprika - 1 teaspoon
- oregano - 1 teaspoon
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- buch of fresh basil - for serving
- Mix all ingredients, except for the basil, in a large bowl by hand or using a wooden spoon.
- Shape mixture into even meatballs, about the size of a golf ball. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet. Fry the meatballs until evenly brown.
- Pour in the Marinara sauce and transfer the skillet into oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve right away.
You May Also Like
If you'd ask me what's my favorite dish. I would answer in a heartbeat - My grandma's roasted ...
Pan-fried Chicken Tabaka (Tapaka) was the first Georgian dish I've ever tried. My mom made it for ...
It's hard to believe, but these wonderfully delicious Crispy Potato Pancakes are made with only ...
I wanted to post this Pan-Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dressing recipe before the 4th of July ...
This recipe called Perfect Smashed Potato for a reason; in my humble opinion, it's one of the best ...
Shkmeruli is a traditional Georgian dish made with fried chicken slowly simmered in a flavorful ...
Today is a National Hummus Day. And I want to celebrate by sharing one of my all-time favorite ...
Lahmacun, also known as Lahmajoun, is a genuinely multinational dish. This thin flatbread topped ...
Satsivi is one of the most famous Georgian sauces made with ground walnuts, garlic, and spices. ...