Perfect Basic Meatballs
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- classic Marinara or your favorite Tomato sauce - 4 cups
- ground beef - 1 lb.
- bread crumbs - 1/4 cup
- grated Parmesan - 1/2 cup + more for serving
- large egg - 1
- water - 1/4 cup
- salt - 1 teaspoon or to taste
- crushed red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- chopped parsley - 2-3 tablespoons
- smoked paprika - 1 teaspoon
- oregano - 1 teaspoon
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- buch of fresh basil - for serving
- Mix all ingredients, except for the basil, in a large bowl by hand or using a wooden spoon.
- Shape mixture into even meatballs, about the size of a golf ball. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet. Fry the meatballs until evenly brown.
- Pour in the Marinara sauce and transfer the skillet into oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve right away.
You May Also Like
In my recent trip to Sakartvelo, also known as Georgia, the country not one of the 50 states, I ...
Borscht is the ultimate Ukrainian comfort food. It's perfect for every mood and season. Red, ...
I'm not quite sure about the origin of kotletki, but you can definitely find a slightly different ...
For me, Shakshouka is a truly international dish. As with every brilliant food, it was embraced by ...
Since the weather is getting hotter and hotter every day, I started to crave more simple veggie ...
I wanted to make this post for a long time and for some reason kept putting it for later. But ...
If you'd ask me what's my favorite dish. I would answer in a heartbeat - My grandma's roasted ...
This Delicious and Easy Crab Cakes Recipe is a result of my first all-day fishing trip in Califo...
Okonomiyaki is one of those funky dishes that at first you don't even want to try, but once you ...
We need to admit, that Thanksgiving is all about the turkey. We can have a dozen of amazing dishes ...