Raspberry Ricotta Crostini
The combination of raspberry compote, ricotta, and orange are our latest flavor discovery. Creamy ricotta mixed with orange zest and topped with simmered raspberries make an exceptional combination, fresh and vibrant just the way we like it. It feels like we’re posting the recipe just in time, considering the raspberry season is around the corner. And if you’re trying to find a perfect party appetizer look no further. These Raspberry Ricotta Crostini look so festive and would be incredibly good at Easter party, we’re sure everybody will be crazy about them. You won’t be able to get enough of that delicious treat. That’s why we highly recommend cooking plenty of these little goodies because they are always gone too fast.
TIP: Serve this crostini with chilled sparkling wine. It would be a fabulous pairing!
You can prepare all the ingredients in advance and assemble the appetizer a few minutes before your guests will arrive. Just store them in the in the airtight container until needed. We also have a few other appetizer ideas for you spring parties. They are more on a savory side, but we know you’ll love them as well Pear Goat Cheese Volovans and Hummus and Fried Tomatoes Bruschetta.
- baguette - 1
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- raspberry - 1 1/2 cup
- lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
- sugar - 1 tablespoons
- orange peel - 2 inch long stripe
- whole clove - 2 buds
- orange - 1, peeled and slice it into segments (all the membranes removed)
- ricotta - 1 cup
- orange zest - 1 teaspoon
- powdered sugar - 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- mint - small bunch, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Cut the baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly brush them with olive oil
- Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine the raspberries, lemon juice, sugar, orange peel, and clove. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the raspberry sauce for about 5-7 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl mix the ricotta cheese, orange peel, and powdered sugar.