Roasted Cauliflower Japanese Style Noodles
Asian noodle salad is always a good idea, especially during a busy work week. We like to keep our noodle salad clean and straightforward, with a few bright ingredients and umami miso dressing. Intrigued? Then it’s time to try our Japanese Style Noodles with Roasted Cauliflower.
For this salad, we used traditional Japanese Somen noodles. These noodles are very delicate and thin and made from wheat flour. Somen nicely absorb the creamy dressings, and usually served cold with savory sauces and various toppings. The beauty of this dish is that noodles are a perfect base for your cooking experiments. You can mix and match any seasonal ingredients, fresh or cooked, and create a unique dish every time. Also, there is no need to stick with Somen noodles. In fact, you can use soba or rice noodles and make your salad gluten free. Our job is to give inspiration; the rest is up to you!
TIP: This Asian Noodle salad is great for a potluck, it holds up very well for several hours.
- cauliflower - 1 medium-large head, cut into bite-size florets
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Somen noodles or any Asian noodles of your choice - 1 package, 8.8 oz
- hard boiled eggs - 2
- For the Miso dressing:
- white miso paste - 1 tablespoon
- Mirin sauce - 1 tablespoon
- dark sesame oil - 2 teaspoons
- peanut oil - 3 tablespoons
- rice vinegar - 1tablespoon
- lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- grated ginger - 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic - 1 clove, minced
- water - 3 teaspoons
- hard boiled eggs - 2, grated
- green onion - small bunch, finely chopped
- sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Sriracha sauce - to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt; toss gently until evenly coated.
- Lay cauliflower pieces out on a baking sheet.
- Bake, mixing with a wooden spatula once, until golden brown and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven anв let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the Somen noodles.
- Bring a medium saucepan to a boil. Cook the noodles according to the instruction on the package.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl mix with the roasted cauliflower.
- In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing over the noddles and mix with tongs.
- Divide noodles among 3 bowls and sprinkle with the toppings. Season with Sriracha sauce to taste.