Steak Sandwich with Caramelized Onion
- rib eye steak - 1 (10-12 oz), 1 inch thick, room temperature
- salt - to taste
- sweet red onion - 1, sliced in rings
- butter - 2 tablespoons, rom temperature
- brown sugar - 1teaspoon
- french rolls - 2
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- baby spinach - 1 cup
- dijon mustard - 1 teaspoon
- olive oil
- ketchup - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha sauce - 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- pickled jalapeño - to taste
- Heat 1-2 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan. Add onion rings, cook stirring occasionally until tender about 8 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the onion is caramelized. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Heat approximately one tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan over high heat. Add the steak and sear on one side for about 2 minutes.
- Turn over the meat and sear the other side briefly (another minute or so). Place in the oven and continue cooking for about 3 minutes or until the steak is cooked to medium-rare level.
- When the steak is done, remove from the oven. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Then slice into strips.
- Cut the french roll, and spread the rest of the butter. Toast on a skillet (cut side down).
- To assemble the sandwiches spread a tablespoon of mustard on the bottom half of each bun. Place a layer of onion rings, and top with the spinach. Then place the steak slices and pickled jalapeño rings over the spinach, cover the sandwiches with the top half of the buns. Serve with ketchup mixed with Sriracha sauce.
You May Also Like
If you'd ask me what's my favorite dish. I would answer in a heartbeat - My grandma's roasted ...
Pan-fried Chicken Tabaka (Tapaka) was the first Georgian dish I've ever tried. My mom made it for ...
It's hard to believe, but these wonderfully delicious Crispy Potato Pancakes are made with only ...
I wanted to post this Pan-Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dressing recipe before the 4th of July ...
This recipe called Perfect Smashed Potato for a reason; in my humble opinion, it's one of the best ...
Shkmeruli is a traditional Georgian dish made with fried chicken slowly simmered in a flavorful ...
Today is a National Hummus Day. And I want to celebrate by sharing one of my all-time favorite ...
Lahmacun, also known as Lahmajoun, is a genuinely multinational dish. This thin flatbread topped ...
Satsivi is one of the most famous Georgian sauces made with ground walnuts, garlic, and spices. ...