Steak Sandwich with Caramelized Onion
- rib eye steak - 1 (10-12 oz), 1 inch thick, room temperature
- salt - to taste
- sweet red onion - 1, sliced in rings
- butter - 2 tablespoons, rom temperature
- brown sugar - 1teaspoon
- french rolls - 2
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- baby spinach - 1 cup
- dijon mustard - 1 teaspoon
- olive oil
- ketchup - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha sauce - 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- pickled jalapeño - to taste
- Heat 1-2 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan. Add onion rings, cook stirring occasionally until tender about 8 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the onion is caramelized. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Heat approximately one tablespoon of olive oil in a grill pan over high heat. Add the steak and sear on one side for about 2 minutes.
- Turn over the meat and sear the other side briefly (another minute or so). Place in the oven and continue cooking for about 3 minutes or until the steak is cooked to medium-rare level.
- When the steak is done, remove from the oven. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Then slice into strips.
- Cut the french roll, and spread the rest of the butter. Toast on a skillet (cut side down).
- To assemble the sandwiches spread a tablespoon of mustard on the bottom half of each bun. Place a layer of onion rings, and top with the spinach. Then place the steak slices and pickled jalapeño rings over the spinach, cover the sandwiches with the top half of the buns. Serve with ketchup mixed with Sriracha sauce.
You May Also Like
In my recent trip to Sakartvelo, also known as Georgia, the country not one of the 50 states, I ...
Borscht is the ultimate Ukrainian comfort food. It's perfect for every mood and season. Red, ...
I'm not quite sure about the origin of kotletki, but you can definitely find a slightly different ...
For me, Shakshouka is a truly international dish. As with every brilliant food, it was embraced by ...
Since the weather is getting hotter and hotter every day, I started to crave more simple veggie ...
I wanted to make this post for a long time and for some reason kept putting it for later. But ...
If you'd ask me what's my favorite dish. I would answer in a heartbeat - My grandma's roasted ...
This Delicious and Easy Crab Cakes Recipe is a result of my first all-day fishing trip in Califo...
Okonomiyaki is one of those funky dishes that at first you don't even want to try, but once you ...
We need to admit, that Thanksgiving is all about the turkey. We can have a dozen of amazing dishes ...