Sweet’ n ‘Tangy Chicken Wings
Game Day is all about getting together with friends, eating good food, and sharing a great experience. That’s why we prepared this incredible Sweet’n’Tangy Chicken wings. We could not think of a more suitable dish for this occasion that traditional chicken wings, but with a modern twist. We wanted to play around with the flavorful ingredient. For the marinade, we use a mix of Asian sauces, brown sugar, fresh garlic, and ginger. So many powerful ingredients in one dish it’s almost too good to be true. But this bold combination is what makes this wings so delicious and utterly irresistible.
Viva La Food girls are not football fans, to say the least. But we’re always happy to throw a party and test a new recipe on our friend. Our friends are super “lucky” to be the first who enjoy our culinary experiments. In our defense, they are almost always successful, if not – we all just have a good laugh and more alcohol. This year we’re cooking these fantastic wings so no risk for anyone.
If you’re looking for something less predictable for your Game Day party, this finger-licking Pan Cooked Shrimp with Piquant Romesco Sauce is exactly what you need. Or better just cook both dishes, your friends will be thankful, because there is never too much good food. Buy lots of beer and have a relaxing evening with the people you love!
TIP: For a better result make sure to marinate the wings for at least a couple hours, to let them soak all the amazing flavors.
We chose to cook our wings in the oven, but this recipe is equally good for grilling and frying on the pan. Just pick any method that’s most convenient for you.
- chicken wings - 10 wings, split to create 20 wings (10 mini drumsticks, 10 winglets)
- For the marinade:
- vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
- Sriracha sauce - 4 tablespoons
- brown sugar - 4 tablespoons
- rice cooking wine or sherry - 2 tablespoons
- lime juice - 1 tablespoons
- oyster sauce - 1 tablespoons
- fish sauce - 1 tablespoons
- soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
- fresh ginger - 1 teaspoons, grated
- garlic - 1 clove, minced
- green onion, cilantro, lime wedges, sesame seeds - for serving
- Combine all the ingredients for a marinade in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken wings in a bowl and pour 3/4 of the marinade over the wings. Reserve the remaining 1/4 of the marinade.
- Toss the wings well to coat the wings with the sauce.
- Cover wrap the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the wings on a baking sheet laid with parchment paper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven turn the wings over and brush with the reserved marinade.
- Set the oven to broil and cook the wings for a few minutes just to make them golden brown.
- Transfer the wings to a platter sprinkle with chopped herbs and sesame seeds. Drizzle with freshly squeezed lime juice or serve with lime wedges.