Thanksgiving Easy Chocolate Tart
- Honey Graham crackers - 9
- butter - 5 tablespoons
- granulated sugar - 1 tablespoon
- semi sweet chocolate chips - 8 oz.
- heavy cream - 1 1/4 cups
- large eggs - 2
- salt - 1/4 teaspoos
- vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- whipped cream - for decoration (optional)
- candied pumpking - for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine the crackers, melted butter, and sugar. Purse until they firm a the mixture is thick and coarse, like a wet sand.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a rectangular tart pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a small saucepan bring the heavy cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and mix in the chocolate chips. Stir well until the chocolate melts and the mixture becomes smooth and glossy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and salt; whisk until combined.
- Pour the filling into a pie shell. Bake in the over for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven let cool completely, and then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When the pie is chilled, remove it from the pan and garnish with the whipped cream and candied pumpkin.
You May Also Like
Vatrushki is one of those sweet childhood treats that makes me very nostalgic. Mom often baked ...
I'm posting this Strawberry-Rhubarb Galette recipe right before Mother's Day. So if you're looking ...
Paska (also known as Kulich in Russia, and Panettone in Italy) is a Ukrainian name for a sweet, ...
I like making elaborate desserts, but sometimes it's so nice to cook something very straightforw...
Today I'm sharing with you a recipe of delicious Vegan Coconut Mango Tapioca Pudding, which was a ...
Panna Cotta is one of those desserts which look very fancy but actually incredibly easy to make. ...
Light but creamy Buttermilk Panna Cotta is a foolproof dessert choice. You can cook it way ahead of ...
This is the first batch of a blood orange sorbet we've ever made. The result came out so great that ...
At Viva La Food we think that pear is one of the best fruits for baking. That's why we already ...