Tomato Basil Cream Soup
Chilly autumn weather inspired me to cook this hot, aromatic cream soup. And even if there is rain behind my window, this soup can always make me warm and happy.
Please follow and like us:
- cherry tomatoes - 4 lb, cut in halves lengthwise
- extra virgin olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- fresh basil - 10 leaves with stalks (leaves picked, stalks finely chopped)
- minced garlic - 2 cloves
- vegetable broth - 1 cup
- heavy whipping cream - 1/2 cup + more for serving
- salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves. Mix them with minced cloves of garlic, olive oil, chopped basil stalks and 1/4 of a basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the tomatoes evenly on a baking sheet, for about 20 minutes. The reason for doing this is so that their flavor becomes intense and concentrated.
- When tomatoes are tender, pour them along with the juice to the medium saucepan.
- Add the broth, and the rest of basil leaves, bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until tomatoes begin to fall apart, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return tomato soup to the stove over low heat and stir in cream. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
Try to buy the best olive oil you can afford, it'll add a bright flavor to all of your dishes.
You May Also Like
Butternut squash is one of our favorite ingredients to cook with. It contains endless possibilities ...
This season is about windy days and chilly nights. We are wrapping ourselves with blankets and ...
Found this wonderful soup recipe in Every day with Rachael Ray magazine. If you haven't tried it ...